There is a lot of confusion about which disposable gloves are the best, or which gloves you should be using in the food, medical and cleaning industries.
But we at Top Tier safety supplies want to set the record straight! Here's what you should know: Nitrile gloves have many benefits, especially when it comes to safety. For example, nitrile is non-allergenic,making it the perfect choice for those with latex allergies. Nitrile gloves are also puncture-resistant, so they're a good option for protecting your hands from sharp objects. Nitrile gloves are also more durable than latex gloves, meaning they'll last longer and won't rip as easily. So if you're looking for a safe, So if you're looking for a safe, durable and all-around great glove, nitrile is the way to go!
What are nitrile gloves?
Nitrile is a synthetic rubber compound that is commonly used as a disposable glove material. Nitrile has been around for a while, but only recently it’s become more affordable, which explains why it’s gaining popularity throughout medical, food and cleaning industries. Nitrile has a higher puncture resistance than any other glove material. Nitrile also has a better chemical resistance than Latex or Vinyl gloves.
Nitrile gloves are a type of disposable glove material. Nitrile has been around for a while but only recently it's become more affordable, which explains why it's gaining popularity throughout medical, food and cleaning industries. Nitrile has a higher puncture resistance than any other glove material. Nitrile also has better chemical resistance than Latex or Vinyl gloves. Some benefits to clinics of using nitrile gloves over latex are:
- Nitrile has a higher puncture resistance than latex gloves
- Nitrile gloves have better chemical resistance than latex gloves
- Nitrile gloves are more affordable than latex gloves
- Nitrile gloves are available in a variety of colors, which can be helpful for clinics that want to color code their different glove types.
For these reasons, clinics should consider using nitrile gloves over latex gloves. Nitrile gloves provide better protection against punctures and chemical exposure, and they are more affordable than latex gloves. Clinics can also choose from a variety of colors to match their needs. Nitrile gloves provide an excellent level of protection for clinics and their patients.
What is Latex?
Latex comes directly from rubber trees. Latex gloves are the most commonly used disposable gloves because they have been the only strong disposable glove material option on the market. However, now many hospitals and clinics have begun replacing their latex gloves with nitrile gloves.
Latex gloves are the most commonly used disposable gloves because they have been the only strong disposable glove material option on the market. However, now many hospitals and clinics have begun replacing their latex gloves with nitrile gloves. Here are 8 reasons why your clinic should switch to Nitrile Gloves:
1) Latex is made from natural rubber harvested from rubber trees which means that it requires more land for cultivation than other materials such as Nitrile (a synthetic polymer). This can cause deforestation in some areas.
2) The processing of latex is a chemical process, so there is potential for exposure to dangerous chemicals during production.
3) Latex has a low tensile strength meaning that it easily tears or rips when pulled.
4) Latex is often a leading cause of skin irritation and allergic reactions.
5) Latex is not resistant to oils and fats so it can become easily saturated if you are working in a clinical setting where there is a risk of exposure to oils and other liquids.
6) Nitrile gloves are 100% synthetic which means that they do not contain any latex proteins which can cause allergic reactions.
7) Nitrile gloves are four times more puncture resistant than latex gloves.
8) Nitrile gloves protect against a wider range of chemicals than latex gloves.
So, if you are looking for an alternative to latex gloves that is stronger, more puncture resistant, and protects against a wider range of chemicals, Nitrile gloves are the perfect option for you!
So this leads us to the ultimate question of Which Gloves are Better, Nitrile or Latex?
The answer is that Nitrile is a stronger, higher-quality glove compared to Latex. However, Latex is a cheaper option for those that do not require stronger chemical and puncture resistance. It does depend on what job or task you are planning on using gloves for.
This brings us to the end of our article on Nitrile vs Latex Gloves. We hope that this information has been helpful and informative. Be sure to check back with our blog for more articles on health and safety topics.
Have a safe day!
Thank you for reading!